Diamond art is rapidly becoming a favorite by arts and crafts enthusiasts. This new trend in creative hobbies merges the fun of cross-stitch with the ease of paint-by-numbers. All you need to do is to put colorful resin rhinestones onto deeply pigmented canvas paintings. With this, you have attention-grabbing art that sparkles and shines.
The best thing about it is that you can do it yourself. You just need a diamond art kit, which includes an applicator tool, the stones, glue or wax, and a canvas template. Then, you can proceed to make beautiful artwork that you can proudly show off to your friends.
Here are the reasons why you should purchase diamond art for your home:
- Display Your Art
Again, the primary advantage of this creative hobby is that you can do it yourself. The process is made more convenient for aspiring artists because you just need to follow the instructions on where to place each colored rhinestone on the canvas.
Even if it’s relatively easy, though, you get to produce magnificent art that you can display with pride in your home. Moreover, those who want more creative freedom can also disregard the template and unleash their imagination.
Some tips on picking up this diamond art painting hobby:
- Prepare Your Space – You should have a dedicated space where you can start creating art. Make sure that you have a sturdy and flat table so that you won’t lose any diamonds in the process.
- Understand the Template – Read the instructions and study the symbols first, so you know how to go about the painting. The premise is paint-by-numbers, but the kit you purchase may have a different numbering system.
- Choose Where to Start – The canvas has a protective covering over its sticky part, so you have to determine a starting point that won’t require you to open the entire plastic layer. This way, you prevent other things from sticking to it accidentally. Beginning at the bottom and working your way up is recommended.
- Don’t Be Too Forceful – This type of painting requires some finesse in handling the diamonds. Remember to apply the right amount of pressure. Otherwise, the wax may stick on top of the rhinestone, reducing its shine.
- Liven Up Your Space
It’s widely known that artwork can liven up your home. You have the liberty to decorate your space with paintings that depict everyday life or surreal ones that will drop you out of reality.
Diamond art is no exception. It can bring the sparkle into a drab room and make it come alive. You can choose from different templates, so you have the liberty to select a piece that’ll fit the style of your space.
- Stay On-Trend
Nothing says chic more than having an area that boasts of on-trend designs. Diamond artworks can cement your authority as someone who knows the sophisticated things in life. However, you need to ensure that you’re getting high-quality diamond art.
Be wary of these common problems from low-quality diamond art kits:
- Partial-Drills – Some kits don’t allow you to create the entire canvas. Instead, cheaper ones only offer partial-drills, which can make the outcome look awkward.
- Cheap-Looking Diamonds and Canvas – Often, discounted kits have low-quality rhinestones, which don’t provide the same glimmer and shine as the high-quality ones. Meanwhile, some manufacturers also cut costs through a low-resolution canvas.
- Incorrect Canvas Size – Other times, sellers dupe their customers by inflating their displayed canvases online only for the buyer to end up with a smaller size once the package arrives.
To avoid these issues and achieve the best results, make sure to buy high-quality diamond art from a reputable seller.
- Spark Conversations
Diamond art can be an excellent conversation starter. Display a unique piece in your living room, kitchen, or any place where you entertain visitors and get the discussion rolling. Let your guests share their opinions on the artwork and get to know them better.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety
Making or even just looking at art has long been known to provide health benefits, particularly for lowering feelings of anxiety and stress. Additionally, the task can help increase your satisfaction in life and improve your cognitive skills as well as empathy.
Installing diamond art can give you these advantages in the comfort of your own home. Hit two birds with one stone by creating your own masterpiece.
Diamond art is a creative hobby that can provide you with a piece that you can proudly display at home. Liven up your space with this unique and on-trend artwork. Spark conversations with your guests, as well as reduce your feelings of stress and anxiety along the way.