The June Art Fair has announced the names of 18 galleries that will take part in the upcoming art event. The art fair is going to take place in Basel, Switzerland.
This year, art lovers will be able to visit the 4th June Art Fair. The full list of art galleries that will take part in the Art Fair event is presented below.
- VI, VII (Oslo);
- Arcade (London & Brussels);
- Althuis Hofland Fine Arts (Amsterdam);
- Christian Andersen (Copenhagen);
- Downs & Ross (New York);
- Jens Kothe Établissement d’en face (Brussels);
- Ellen de Bruijne Projects (Amsterdam);
- Fabian Lang (Zurich);
- Foxy Production (New York);
- The Green Gallery (Milwaukee);
- Jacky Strenz (Frankfurt);
- Galerie Martin van Zomeren (Amsterdam);
- Meliksetian | Briggs (Los Angeles);
- Misako & Rosen (Tokyo);
- Parisa Kind (Frankfurt);
- The Sentiment (Zurich);
- Stigter van Doesburg (Amsterdam);
- Sydney Museum (Sydney).
The art fair was founded in 2019 by art dealers Christian Andersen and Esperanza Rosales. Visible even on the Swiss art scene, the fair serves as an important link between the other two major art fairs in Basel in June, Liste, and Art Basel.
In 2021, the art fair was held at the Messe Basel exhibition center, a larger space to accommodate more galleries and spectators. However, this year the June art fair returns to the bunker designed by Herzog & de Meuron.
The smaller space allows for a clearer curatorial selection, according to Rosales. Speaking about the art fair, Anderson said that this is a place where curators and even collectors can make some discoveries.
Anderson runs the Christian Anderson Gallery in Copenhagen, Denmark. Rosales is the founder of VI, VII in Oslo. In addition to the regular galleries, the event will also feature an NFT digital exhibition on juneart.io. The June Art Fair will take place from 13 to 19 June.